Your Resource for Protecting Senior Citizens
Number of the Day: 19,000
Decrease in the weekly unemployment insurance claims.
Latest Senior News
- Social Security benefits may be on table in budget talks Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/11/14/208625/social-security-benefits-may-be.html#storylink=cpy
- Former Social Security commissioner blasts ACA rollout
- Obamacare Enrollment Disaster
- Health care reform impact on Medicare
- Obama: Transforming America; From energy to foreign policy to the presidency itself, Obama's agenda rolls along
Health Care Reform
The debate about health care reform proposals rages on and seniors are confronted with new information from all interests involved: managed care, prescription drug manufacturers, private practice practitioners, at home nursing care, for profit and not-for-profit hospitals, primary and secondary insurers, specialty care professionals and more.
The Medicare-eligible population is growing and with it, so are their needs and demands for access and choices in a system of quality, affordable health care. AFSC will do its best to bring you an unbiased perspective on what is really going on in the Congressional debate. We all have a stake in the outcome, and so we need to make our voices heard in the policy-making process.
When assessing proposed legislation, AFSC is committed to some core tenets: preserving access to care, empowering seniors to make choices between options, enabling medical technologies to develop without undue bureaucratic interference, and controlling the spiraling costs of health care to ensure the future health of the entire system.
We will begin posting analyses of competing plans here, so we urge you to check back frequently and stay informed. The stakes have never been higher.